Wednesday, September 26, 2012

September 26, 2012

Litany found at:http://apartvermont.org/liturgy/wednesday_apa_prayer.pdf




Blessed Lord,
Holy of Holies
Father of order, mother embracing,
Son leading,
Spirit empowering;
Give us this day
The bread of the earth for our bodies,
The bread of your body for our Earth.

Bless the work of our hands
Open us to the giftedness of our work.
May our work be a blessing to the community
In service to Christ Jesus.

We ask Your blessing Creator God
Upon our gardens
Through every season;
In spring planting
In summer tending
In fall harvest
In winter rest
We give thanks for the bounty of the garden,
For all food that nourishes our bodies;
For carrots and tomatoes,
Potatoes and lettuce,
Cucumbers, beans, broccoli, cauliflower
Beets and onions;
For strawberries and raspberries,
Apples and pears,
Grapes and plums.
We give thanks for the bounty of the garden,
For all flowers that nourish our souls;
For daffodils and tulips,
For morning glories and sunflowers,
For zinnias, petunias, geraniums,
Delphinium and daisies.
We pray that the fruit of the Holy Spirit
Would be nurtured in the garden of our souls,
Love
Joy
Peace
Patience
Kindness
Goodness
Gentleness
Faithfulness
Self-control
Awaken us to the giftedness
Of the seasons of the year
And each season of our lives.
We thank you Holy Spirit
For the planting of spiritual gifts
Within our brothers and sisters;
Bless and nurture;
The utterance of wisdom Apostles
The utterance of knowledge Prophets
Faith Teachers
Gifts of healing; Deeds of power
Working of miracles, Forms of assistance
Prophetic Forms of leadership
Discernment of spirits; Various kinds of tongues
Interpretations of tongues

As I prepare for this nights sleep,
I begin to rest my spirit more deeply in you O God.
As I lay down my head,
 I die to myself and if it is within your will that I awaken in the morning,
I awaken to you, to your will, to live tomorrow in Christ Jesus.

Meditation
Luna Moth Spot, Magnified

 







 Sharing

Benediction:
Bless our humble cells,
Our dwelling places
For solitary retreat; For rest
For study; For prayer
For sleep.

Bless my sisters
Bless my brothers
The rhythms of the day
The work of my hands
My study; My prayer
The stranger you send to my door
My wounds;
Holy God, guide me
And those who are absent from me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment